Friday, April 9, 2010
Parking at SRU
Does anyone else think that the parking situation at Slippery Rock is crazy? Trying to find a parking spot remotely close to your building is ridiculous. I live in Rock Apartments and personally there is a circle across from our building that is nearly all staff and there is only two or three cars parked there at a time. Please tell me, What staff member would park all the way over here and walk to their office or classroom location? Particularly to unload groceries or our cars from breaks we have to park a long distance away because there is no where to unload our cars. My roommate parked in a handicap zone with her flashers on to unload groceries and got $150.00 fine. What do they expect us to do? Park at the stadium and carry our groceries from there. Along with this lack of parking commuter parking is ridiculous. They have so many parking spots and only half of them are full at a time. It would just be more fair for the residents that live on campus to have more available parking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I do feel pretty bad for the rock apartments there really is no parkingfor you. That parking ticket is ridiculous i hope she fought and won! And ya i always question that one staff parking lot i know exactly where you mean. And i am highly upset about the last like 4 rows behind the dorms being turned into commuter lots.
ReplyDeleteThis is my first semester here at SRU and before i started people told me about the parking situation. There is so much staff parking that its ridiculous. Everytime I am looking for a spot to park i look at teh staff parking and there are tons of open spaces. I guess at any University though there is going to be parking issues
ReplyDeleteI agree with this whole parking issue. I was a commuter last Spring, and I commuted from home, so I know what it is like to be a commuter, and I always complained that I was having to park at East Lake and walk to the Field House. But I was not having to carry groceries from there so it honestly was not that big of a deal. But living in Building F, it can sometimes still be a really long walk to a car that is parked at the football stadium. I realize that parking sucks from Buildings A-F and the Rock Apartments. But Rhodes and North have it worse I think. There really isn't any Resident Parking up near them. There might be like 5 spots in the lot next to Krauss. But even that, I think that is all commuters. So all of Rhodes and North residents have to go and park at the football stadium too which is even more stupid. This campus just sucks and parking, and you get a ticket for every little thing you do, parking wise.
ReplyDeleteI definitely agree with the parking situation on campus. I live in a dorm and don't have a car here at school with me but everytime I ride with people that do have cars, it always takes forever to find a spot. Obviously handicap spots need to be close to the front door, but behind building E there are a little too many handicap spots that are never being used. There's also way too much staff parking. Hopefully next year when I commute from my apartment, I will be able to find a spot and make it to class on time.
ReplyDeleteWell well, I also have a thing or two to say about the whole parking situation at SRU. First off, Kara I am sorry I do feel bad for you parking for any of the Rock Apartments is tough. They should somehow make it more accomodating to all of the Rock Apartment residents. However, could you please let me know where you see all of these parking spots for commuters? I am currently a commuter and I can assure you that the lots are never half open. Well maybe the baseball field, which is usually where I end up anyways. I'm just putting it out there that if your a commuter you know what I'm talking about. It's a war zone! Someone told me that to every commuter spot there is 2.5 commuters, so my suggestion is that they need to change some staff parking immediately. Because yes at the Rock Apartments you may have to walk to the stadium, but that's nothing until you have to walk from the back of the baseball field to BSB. This comment is not meant in a mean or defensive way! :) Love you Kara!
ReplyDeleteI agree completely with you Kara. I live in the Rock Apartments too and it can be a real pain to find a parking spot. Like you, I think it's ridiculous that the university designated the lot by your apartment to be all staff, I think at least half the spots should be resident parking. I also think it's ridiculous that the university changed some of the ski lodge spots into ski lodge visitors and staff only. It's hard enough to find a spot already and then they go and take spots away. It's just stupid.
ReplyDeleteParking by far is the biggest source of my aggravation at this university. I commute from an hour away. If i have class at 10, i have to leave early so that i get to campus an hour early to get parking. I'll never forget my first semester at SRU. i had a 9am at BSB and had to consistently park at the baseball stadium for that class. Commuter is a joke because 9/10 of the people aren't actually commuters. Still i empathize with all those living in that corner of campus by you. There is zero parking and very restricted accessibility to the area. I feel like this has been an issue at SRU for many years, and has yet to be addressed.
ReplyDelete