Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Waiting until last minute to do work
As the end of the semester is approaching students are becoming lazier and lazier. All they want to do is just get out of school. Personally I am not one of those people. I don't want to add anymore stress onto my life by waiting until almost the due date for a project to be done to start it. I would rather give up some part of my social life to get homework done and save myself some stress and unwanted technological errors. I personally get annoyed when people ask me to sit with them and teach them how to do specific projects when they had plenty of time to complete the project. Others manage to get the project done and still complete other homework assignments and such, why can't you? The way I feel is you waited until now you deserve to fail or get a low mark. I do not mind helping people with little things because yeah things come up and I understand that, but things don't come up everyday that make you put off homework all the time. Take responsibility for your work. What are you going to do when you are in the real world?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kara, I completely agree with you. Some of the closest people to me ALWAYS wait to the last minute to do everything and think they can just talk their way out of it with the teacher. Or they come to me and say I NEED HELP! Well guess what I have my own work to do too. It isnt that hard to do the assignemt when its given. I usually do mine ASAP because I know other teachers are just going to pile more work on. Its so much easier and usually less stressful!
ReplyDeleteKara, I completely agree with you. Sometimes I'm guilty about waiting until the last minute, but I always try really hard to not ask people to help me. I'm the kind of person that needs to sit by myself in order to get something done without anyone distracting me. I think what you said is completely true and I really want to try to work on getting things done on time!
ReplyDeleteKara you are absolutely right in that lots of students tend to become lazy by the end of the semester and put things off until the last minute. I happen to be guilty of this crime on several occasions but I am trying to turn that around. I know i put off the efolio assignmnet until the last minute and i had to cram in order to get it done. But i do believe it is important for all students not to putt things off until the last possible second.
ReplyDelete